Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Rembrandt Returns

My little Rembrandt self-portrait is home. I collected it from Penny who had, firstly, removed the backing paper and then prepared it for framing. She has done a lovely job:



The etching is presented resting one a small sheet of museum quality conservation paper. Turning the sheet over reveals how it is fixed. Small pieces of conservation paper were pasted to the edge of the etching. These have been threaded through slits made in the new backing paper. All of this work is easily reversible.



I spent a day last week mounting prints for the Christmas exhibition at the Bonhoga Gallery in Shetland. I took the opportunity to mount the Rembrandt in the frame I bought at Art In Action. I made a double mount of textured creamy white board. Here is the final result:

2 comments:

Annie B said...

Beautiful! Thanks for showing the mounting technique - very ingenious.

Pietrocelli said...

yes, Andy, thanks for fine and well looking thing of great Art, Master is my fave, I was born in same day as He, cause it, love his etchings