Tuesday, March 01, 2016

The Hepworth Wakefield Print Fair, March 5th-6th 2016

One of  my favourite events of last year was the Hepworth Wakefield Print Fair and I am very pleased to announce that I will be there again this year. The fair takes place in the Calder, a large, spacious, old industrial building on the same site the wonderful Hepworth Gallery itself.


I will be bringing a large selection of my wood engravings and some handmade books. I always make sure that I have some low-priced, affordable engravings on the table.

As usual, I will be working during the weekend. This year I will be working on an image that features the gallery building as well as.... but that would be telling ;)


 This event will see the first appearance of much new work. 2015 was a very busy year for me and I'm looking forwards to showing off the new things. Here are some details from engravings which will be on show for the first time:

 
 
 
 
 

One of the most exciting parts of 2015 was when Royal Mail issued  a miniature sheet of stamps featuring my hand coloured engravings of honey bees:


I will be showing some hand coloured engravings printed from the original woodblocks that were used for the stamps. This is the first time that these will be available. Here are a couple of examples:



The Print Fair is open on Saturday 5th and Sunday 6th March from 10am - 5pm. Admission is free!
Further details are available here:

Do come along and say hello; its always great to meet people who have seen my work on my website, blog, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram etc.




No comments: