Saturday, April 01, 2006

Turning Fifty!

I turned fifty a couple of weeks ago.

Luckily, significant birthdays do not bother me and I had a rather good time. We dined at a local restaurant in the evening and then held a small dinner party for close friends. I was lucky with my presents, especially the bookplate that J commissioned for me from Simon Brett. A is a promising photographer and I asked him for a portrait. I much prefer to be behind a camera but, since it was A, I was at my ease. Here is the result:


I am afraid thatI have not been very busy in the studio recently. I had a virus that took some time to shake off (must be my age) but I am engraving again, working on the GC bookplate and finishing drawings for several others. I also have some interesting projects on the horizon, including a book and a broadside. More of those later.

All the Best from Old Andy English! Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Barbara Mason said...

Congratulations on making it to this ripe old age...since I have 10 years on you, you seem pretty young to me!
Keep printing!
Best to you,
Barbara

Jan Telfer said...

Happy Birthday Andy and Congratulations...one day you may catch up to me!!
I have always admired your work and the skill it involves. I look forward to your work when we are both in the same exchange.
Keep up the good work.
Kindest regards,
Jan
Perth WA Australia

Annie B said...

Happy birthday, Andy!! Welcome to the half-century club. I just joined it myself. That's a wonderful photo your friend took. Best, Annie

Andy English said...

Many thanks to all of you for your kind words. Annie - the portrait was by my son, Alex. I tend not to refer to my family by name in my block but I ought to give him the credit.