Saturday, April 01, 2006

Turning Fifty!

I turned fifty a couple of weeks ago.

Luckily, significant birthdays do not bother me and I had a rather good time. We dined at a local restaurant in the evening and then held a small dinner party for close friends. I was lucky with my presents, especially the bookplate that J commissioned for me from Simon Brett. A is a promising photographer and I asked him for a portrait. I much prefer to be behind a camera but, since it was A, I was at my ease. Here is the result:


I am afraid thatI have not been very busy in the studio recently. I had a virus that took some time to shake off (must be my age) but I am engraving again, working on the GC bookplate and finishing drawings for several others. I also have some interesting projects on the horizon, including a book and a broadside. More of those later.

All the Best from Old Andy English! Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Barbara Mason said...

Congratulations on making it to this ripe old age...since I have 10 years on you, you seem pretty young to me!
Keep printing!
Best to you,
Barbara

Annie B said...

Happy birthday, Andy!! Welcome to the half-century club. I just joined it myself. That's a wonderful photo your friend took. Best, Annie

Andy English said...

Many thanks to all of you for your kind words. Annie - the portrait was by my son, Alex. I tend not to refer to my family by name in my block but I ought to give him the credit.