Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Hopefully a Helpful Heron

UPDATE!

I am so pleased to report that the entire edition has sold out. I have been asked if more are available but I only have the five Artist's Proof Copies. Two are for my archive, one is a gift for Adewale which leaves just two available. I have listed these on Etsy for £15 each plus shipping. Here is the link:

https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/462092926/riverside-heron?ref=shop_home_active_1

Thank you so much for your support. Most of the herons have now been posted. Some will go out tonight and the last few after the weekend. They are on their way to six countries, inclusing the USA and Australia.

The original post is below...



If I make a donation, I am usually removed from the events or situation that prompted the act but this time it is different; I am trying to help a friend.

You can read in detail about Adewale's situation here: https://www.gofundme.com/donate4Wal 

 I decided to try make a contribution by selling a small and exclusive edition of a wood engraving:


This block was engraved from a drawing I made of a small heron sitting in a tree beside the river at Ely in Cambridgeshire. I am rather fond of herons. I have completed the engraving and am making an edition of only fifty engravings which I am selling for ten pounds plus postage. I chose a low price because I wanted these to be affordable. they are available from my Etsy store:

https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/462092926/riverside-heron?ref=shop_home_active_1

If you like the image, please buy one.

If its not your kind of thing,  please consider buying one for a friend who might.

If you don't want to buy one, please share this so that it reaches other people who might.

If you don't want to buy one, please consider making a small direct donation using the link above.

If you represent a gallery, please consider buying several and sell them at whatever mark up you choose; the important thing is for me to sell them and I really don't mind if you sell them on at thirty or forty pounds.

If you want to buy all that are available and give them to friends then contact me and I will pay for the postage!




I am proud to call Adewale a friend. We attended  their wedding. He is a good man. I would like to be able to help him. Working as an engraver means living from hand to mouth but here is a way that I can make a contribution.
















1 comment:

Linda Sage said...

Dear Andy - I received my Heron print in great shape. It is wonderful to own one of your prints, and to be able to help your friend. I hope he gets the treatments that he needs to overcome his health problems. Thank you for the print and for being a good friend.
Linda in Indiana, USA