Friday, October 20, 2006

Design Week

A rainy morning has given way to a most pleasant afternoon. Sunny out but chilly enough to ask O to help me move the lemon tree into the cabin for the winter.

No engraving for me this week. I am spending my time with my sketchbook, pens and pencils working on some of the projects that will soon need transferring to blocks, ready for the graver. I start engraving again on monday, working on the next bookplate.

I have caught up in other ways this week, carrying out some more work on the website. I really need to get more images posted so I intend to spend a large art of tomorrow scanning. I will try to finish the "Birds and Beasts" section.

I have been plagued by migraines recently. I have had a cluster for over a week; the last one was a real "hum-dinger" and left me really disorientated when it started, followed a few hours later by the familiar aura and then the headache. Nothing for a couple of days now so I hope that it was going out in style and will leave me be for a few months. Luckily I can control the headaches quite well now but my vision loos and tiredness tend to get in the way of work. C'est la vie!

I have posted quite a few printing-press related photographs on my flickr site:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/artistandy/

They include the setting up of the new Albion press and two stages in the work on the smaller one: recovering the tympan and fettling a temporary handle.

Work carries on apace with a lovely variety of projects: bookplates to design and engrave, a press device and a commission of an ancient favourite dog. At the same ime, I am keeping an eye on the future and hoping for fresh commissions for January and February.

As I sit and type at the dining table there is a loud rapping at the window and I have two visitors:















Since "Three French Hens" are likely to figure on my Christmas card, its a good idea that I have my sketchbook handy!

No comments: